Thinking about actions to take: Resultant Force Sets Acceleration
There's a good chance you could improve your teaching if you were to:
- treating empirical relationships with respect
- treating the reimagining of natural motion as if it's problematic
- dealing with action at a distance respectfully
- using resultant force to predict motion
Work through the Physics Narrative to find these lines of thinking worked out and then look in the Teaching Approaches for some examples of activities.
- speaking as if force is the kind of thing that gets carried
- being careless about scalars and vectors
- speaking of forces trying to do things
These difficulties are distilled from: the research findings; the practice of well-connected teachers with expertise; issues intrinsic to representing the physics well.