Thinking about actions to take: Pressure
Teaching Guidance for 11-14
There's a good chance you could improve your teaching if you were to:
- relating pressure to the action of fluids
- using hydraulic machines as a context
Work through the Physics Narrative to find these lines of thinking worked out and then look in the Teaching Approaches for some examples of activities.
- suggesting that pressure is a vector
- conflating stress and pressure
- using examples where solids are squeezed to introduce pressure
These difficulties are distilled from: the research findings; the practice of well-connected teachers with expertise; issues intrinsic to representing the physics well.