Questions to check understanding of energy and thermal physics
Remote teaching support for 11-14 14-16
For students aged 14-16:
A small selection of worksheets to support the remote teaching of energy. This list will be added to regularly.
- Science Doctor question booklets including worked examples - A selection of worksheets, linked to below, that are split into helpful sub-categories relating to energy for GCSE Paper 1.
- Energy resources - A worksheet from NUSTEM to check existing understanding and analyse data.
- Nuclear power - Questions from NUSTEM to guide student research or check understanding of nuclear energy.
- Gravitational PE and Kinetic energy - online, self-marking quizzes from Isaac Physics.
For students aged 11-14:
- Renewable energy island challenge - resources include energy fact cards, a map and information about the needs of different communities.
- Best Evidence Science Teaching (BEST) - A selection of diagnostic questions, with solutions and suggestions about how to tackle misconceptions, for use with students. A brief selection of some of these questions are given below, but there are many more available on the website (available in both in editable Word and PowerPoint formats). Please note: You may need to create a free STEM Learning account to gain full access to these resources.
For students aged 16-19:
- Star Trek Physics - questions relating to different areas of the A-level specification linking to real applications and to science fiction.
Some worksheet examples for you
A few examples of the many worksheets on offer from: