Questions to check understanding and support the remote teaching and learning of Forces and Motion
Remote teaching support for 11-14 14-16
A selection of diagnostic questions to use remotely when teaching about Forces and Motion
- Best Evidence Science Teaching (BEST) Forces and Motion resource contains a number of questions, along with their respective teaching notes and answers. Some of the individual questions are listed below.
- There are questions from 'Physics for You' by Keith Johnson and our own IOP Coach, Sue Holt. The forces sheet is linked to below.
- Paul Hewitt's 'Next time questions' are a fun way to stimulate thinking about a topic.
For students aged 16-19:
- Teaching Advanced Physics resources feature many question sets to use with your students.
- Question boards on Isaac Physics - A variety of online questions (automatic checking of answers included). They can be accessed without signing up for account, but the free teacher and student accounts allow you to set assignments for your classes. Some examples of the Forces question boards suitable for 14 - 16 and 16 -19 are given below.
Forces and Motion questions
Some questions that aid to draw out misconceptions that may arise when teaching about Forces and Motion.