Making conducting dough
Teaching Guidance for 5-11 11-14
The following recipe is quick and easy to make. It will produce 350 g of dough, enough for two groups to make a:
You may need to make several batches.
Apparatus and Materials
- One cup of water
- One cup of flour (plus extra for dusting)
- ¼ cup of salt
- Nine tbsp. lemon juice
- One tbsp. vegetable oil
- Green food colouring
Health & Safety and Technical Notes
The dough will keep for several weeks when stored in an airtight container or plastic bag.
- Combine the water, flour, salt, lemon juice, vegetable oil and food colouring in a medium-sized saucepan, and whisk to ensure a smooth consistency.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring continuously to ensure it doesn’t burn. The mixture will begin to boil and start to thicken.
- Keep stirring until the mixture forms a ball in the centre of the pot.
- Once a ball forms, place on a floured surface and knead until the desired consistency is reached.