COVID-19 support for schools and colleges
Remote teaching support for 11-14 14-16 16-19
The materials here aim to support the remote teaching and learning of physics during a time when most students, teachers and technicians are at home. They consist of:
- advice and guidance for teachers on how to best use online tools to work with your students;
- recommended activities that you can do with your students whilst they are at home.
Collections of resources by physics domain
You can also browse by resource type within these collections.
- Earth and Space
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Energy and Thermal Physics
- Forces and Motion
- Light, Sound and Waves
- Properties of Matter
- Quantum and Nuclear Physics
Pages and collections by resource type
- Videos to support remote teaching and learning | Collection
- Home experiments | Collection
- Questions to check understanding | Collection
Online CPD events
The IOP will be running an online physics CPD programme, the DOMAINS programme, over the academic year. CPD sessions will be available for early-career teachers, more experienced teachers as well as coaches and CPD leaders.
Join teachers of physics, technicians, and their supporters on our online community, TalkPhysics, and share your experiences, resources or questions today.